The Problem With German Cockroaches On Your Tracy Property
July 15, 2021
No one likes cockroaches. No one. And with German cockroaches being the most common species found throughout the United States, you very well may encounter them in your Tracy home. Though infestations can occur anywhere, they are most commonly associated with a variety of human-occupied spaces. They are most often associated with restaurants, food processing facilities, hotels, nursing homes, and other institutional facilities.
Adult German cockroaches can be recognized by their light brown coloring and two dark parallel stripes, located on their backs. German cockroach nymphs are dark brown to black in color with the same dark stripes located on their backs. While German cockroaches have wings, they rarely fly. Instead, they prefer to run.
Habitats Of German Cockroaches
German cockroaches in Tracy are another parasitical hitchhiker and typically find their way into a new habitat by latching onto things like cardboard boxes, shopping bags, drink cartons, and secondhand appliances and furniture. They have a very wide palate and will feed on almost anything they can get their antennae on, this can include all sorts of food, toothpaste, and soap. Additionally, German cockroaches prefer warm, humid places and will gravitate to places like kitchens, bathrooms, or wherever people congrats. Homeowners should be sure to check dens, living rooms, bedrooms, and kitchens often. They tend to seek any crack or crevices near food and water sources.
Ways To Prevent German Cockroaches
Since cockroaches are so hard to get rid of once they have infested your Tracy home, people should do everything they can to prevent an issue. Here are a few pointers to consider when protecting your home:
Barrier exclusions are key. This involves preventing cockroaches from entering the home through small cracks in the walls and spaces like those that surround electrical sockets.
- Cleanliness is a key factor that can be addressed in a slew of ways.
- Storing food in sealed containers and avoiding leaving it out at all will cut off a direct food source.
- Maintaining a clean house is imperative. This includes surfaces such as tables and counters, sinks, and floors.
- Run water periodically in sinks, showers, and baths that aren’t commonly used.
Why Are German Cockroaches So Hard To Get Rid Of?
Homeowners do not want cockroaches in their homes. Once they enter the home, they are nearly impossible to get out. The length of time it takes to get rid of cockroaches is dependent on the species and size of the infestation. Many over-the-counter insecticides may be helpful. However, it should be noted that cockroaches are an extremely adaptable breed and may even be resistant to many methods of extermination.
The Problems German Cockroaches Cause
While most people think that cockroaches are just gross, they might not be familiar with the intimate details about the actual dangers they possess:
- Certain allergens can be found in a cockroach’s saliva, fecal matter, and inside their body that can actually cause allergic reactions or trigger asthma.
- Cockroaches also transmit bacteria including E. coli, salmonella, and parasitic worms through just their exterior surface along.
- The bacteria that they can transmit can spread to the human bloodstream and cause life-threatening infections.
The safest and most effective way to get rid of German Cockroaches from your home is with professional assistance from Patriot Pest Management. Our team of licensed pest technicians will inspect your home and come up with a comprehensive plan for cockroach removal and prevention. Reach out to us today to learn more about our pest control services in Tracy.